Dissolution of Marriage
It is always preferable for individuals going through a divorce to agree on how they will part, often after many decades of marriage, raising children and working hard to acquire property and planning for a comfortable future and retirement.
Our philosophy at the Law Office of Mark Brandes is to first attempt to resolve dissolution of marriage issues amicably. We start by negotiating with your soon-to-be ex-spouse to reach as many agreements as possible resulting in the least amount of emotional turmoil to you and your minor children.
Children are the most adversely affected individuals by divorce and therefore extra care must be taken to protect children from the upheaval of one family now becoming two and of living in two households instead of one.
For the lucky few, those seeking a divorce will come to an attorney having already decided how to separate, how assets and debts will be divided, how they will parent their minor children, including how parenting time will be divided between parents. All that remains is for counsel to draft a Separation Agreement.
Unfortunately, for the majority of people going through a divorce, it is not that straight forward and easy, where few agreements are reached without the assistance of an attorney well versed in the complexities of family law and willing to aggressively litigate cases in Court.
Family Law services include divorce, multi-state custody litigation, parenting time, child support, maintenance, property division and all other issues relating to family law.
At the Law Office of Mark Brandes, we represent you from negotiating settlements to litigating cases. We litigate cases in every court throughout the State of Colorado and provide aggressive, experienced and affordable legal representation concerning such issues as:
- Dissolution of marriage, with or without children
- Common law marriage
- Legal separation
- Maintenance (alimony)
- Division of property; Payment of debts
- Valuation and division of business assets
- Valuation and division of real estate
- Valuation and division of pension plans and 401K retirement accounts
- Defined Benefit Plans
- Defined Contribution Plans
- Trust Accounts
- Insurance Accounts
- Complex property issues
- Parental responsibility (custody) and parental decision making;
- Multi-state custody issues
- Parenting time (visitation) and parenting plans
- Paternity determination (DNA testing)
- Child support establishment, modification, enforcement and collection
- Domestic violence issues, restraining and protective orders
- Dependency and Neglect cases (Social Services child endangerment cases)
- Contempt of Court issues.
Post Dissolution Matters
We also represent individuals concerning post-decree modification issues, including modification of parental responsibility, living arrangements for the child, parenting time, child support, child out of state removal issues and spousal maintenance. If you are owed back child support or maintenance from your former spouse, we represent you in collecting that back child support or maintenance.